- Royal Mail Cast Iron Post Box Red, Black and White Mailbox Option on Stand/Wall Mount FORGEandFOUNDRYCo 5 out of 5 stars (22) $ 230.58. Antique Vintage Post Office Door Mail Box Postal Bank-1964 National Lock Co. #38 in Pecan Wood KandEBanksEtc 5.
- Box 291352 Port Orange, FL 32129. BIDALOT COIN AUCTION ONLINE MONDAY APRIL 19TH, 2021 AT 7 PM EDT.
- Many people refer to the Royal Mail 'letter' format as standard post. The maximum envelope size you can use for standard post is 240mm x 165mm. The largest standard envelope size for standard post would be a C5, with dimensions of 229mm x 162mm.
Mar 28, 2021 Like you, I love vintage and mainly go to find the vintage pieces. My daughter loves Waterford Crystal so one favorite piece was a Waterford liquor decanter for $30. It sells for over $450. I love to find blue and white ginger jars, Wedgwood, Fiestaware, globes, and unusual items. Thanks for a great post and sharing so many ideas!
- MARCH 2021 – WORLD BOOK DAY POST BOXESFive UK post boxes have been decorated to honour British authors and illustrators who’ve been using […]
- MARCH 2021 – MOTHERS’ DAY POST BOXESMothers are the latest group to be recognised and celebrate with specially decorated Royal Mail […]
- DECEMBER 2020 – DIGITAL CHRISTMAS POST BOXESFour post boxes, one located in each UK nation, have been made digitally active to mark Christmas […]
Anthony Trollope, the novelist, introduced the pillar box to Britain in 1852 when he worked as a Post Office Surveyor in the Channel Islands. The first mainland box was erected a year later in 1853. At first local District Surveyors ordered boxes from local foundries. In 1859 a standard design was introduced. Wall boxes appeared in 1857, Ludlow boxes in 1885 and lamp boxes in 1896.
Each new reign brings boxes bearing the royal cipher of the monarch. Pillar boxes and wall boxes have been made in different sizes and with improvements to the design incorporated over time. A large number of different manufacturers have been employed and over the years there have been many experimental boxes put in service.
Founded in 1976, the LBSG has identified around 800 different types of postbox. There are more than 400 different varieties of pillar box; around 160 types of wall box, 66 Ludlow boxes and almost 80 versions of the lamp box. New boxes are still appearing while there are still many older boxes waiting to be discovered and rediscovered.
The Letter Box Study Group is the acknowledged authority on the history and development of the British roadside letter box.
We are an active group of individuals devoted to the study of postboxes. From modest beginnings four decades ago the Letter Box Study Group has grown to become the recognised authority on the subject – all through the voluntary efforts of its members.
New school term? Need new ideas for learning-related outdoor activities in primary schools? In literacy, numeracy, art, design, geography and history? Try the Letter Box Study Group Education Pack on for size. It consists of worksheets and activities for EYFS (Early Years Foundation Stage), KS1 and KS2. There are also notes for extension activities.
The sheets can be used individually or as a whole. They can be deployed for simple colouring, observation exercises, reading and writing, numbers and basic reasoning. For older age groups, the Pack may be used to introduce discussion of design, engineering, manufacture and elementary business studies. Teaching children about history is an integral part of understanding the world today. The Pack is, for example, well suited to teaching about Victorian times.
The Letter Box Study Group Education Pack will help children – and adults – look little more closely at post boxes, their place in our community landscape, and the importance of staying in touch with friends, family and neighbours all over the world.
BidALot Coin Auction is your source for coin collecting
BidALot Coin Auction and Coin Dealer is a family owned Florida based company. We have a weekly online coin auction every Monday night at 7:00 PM Eastern Time. We’re always looking to buy and sell coins, currency, gold, silver, bullion, tokens and other numismatic items. Please call 1-386-675-6768 or email us at [email protected] with your quality items to sell or consign!
Our regular business hours are Monday through Friday 12:00PM – 5:00PM Eastern Standard Time.
P.O. Box 291352
Port Orange, FL 32129
News & Events
Vintage Royal Mail Post Box
BIDALOT COIN AUCTION ONLINE MONDAY APRIL 26TH, 2021 AT 7 PM EDT
1808 SPANISH SILVER 8 REALE, INK SMEAR ERROR $5 BILL, 1913-S BARBER HALF DOLLAR EXTRA…
Vintage Royal Mail Post Box For Sale
BIDALOT COIN AUCTION ONLINE MONDAY APRIL 19TH, 2021 AT 7 PM EDT
82.2 GRAM HIGH RELIEF FINE SILVER MEDAL, COLORIZED TIGER CUBS SILVER 50 CENTS, 1890-CC MORGAN…
Vintage Royal Mail Post Box Collection Times
BIDALOT COIN AUCTION ONLINE MONDAY APRIL 5TH, 2021 AT 7 PM EDT
WORLD FAMOUS SQUARES FROM THE PERTH MINT, 1877-S US TRADE DOLLAR, GUTTER FOLD ERROR SILVER…